Turmeric "Golden Milk" with Protein
Turmeric is the everything spice. From cancer prevention to cloth dyeing - seasoning to beautifying. Turmeric fights colds, congestion, headaches, and depression. And of course, its anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties have made it the trendiest healthy ingredient. But America is way behind - turmeric has been a staple of Ayurveda and Unani medicine in India for centuries. But, better late than never!
Given the demand for new, delicious ways to integrate turmeric into our diets, we have created everything from Turmeric Truffles to a Turmeric Snow Cone. However, this recipe is much more streamlined. "Golden Milk" is a trending turmeric recipe, but as always, we took it to the next level by adding 18 grams of plant-based protein. Now you can reap the benefits of turmeric while taking in whole-foods sustenance to fill you up and keep you energized.
Makes one beverage
2 cups milk of choice
1 teaspoon dried turmeric, or 1/2 inch fresh turmeric diced
1/4 teaspoon dried ginger, or a tiny piece of fresh ginger diced
1 serving ALOHA Vanilla Protein
pinch of black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon honey - adjust to desired sweetness
- Place milk in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add turmeric, ALOHA Protein, ginger, and pepper. Stir well if you are using the dried spices.
- Let the milk begin to simmer for about 3-5 minutes — small bubbles will form on the sides of the saucepan, but it should not come to a full boil. Stir.
- Turn off heat, cover, and allow the mixture to sit for ten minutes or so to improve the infusion (and to cool down a little).
- Strain the milk through a strainer if you have used fresh ingredients and serve warm.