Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Protein Biscotti
Italians aren't known for their health food - and biscotti is no exception. So we gave this classic cookie a nutritious spin by using ALOHA's Chocolate Protein and Superfood Chocolate bars. Where else can you find a biscotti packed with plant-based proteins, fruits, veggies, and superfoods?! And this nutrient-dense treat is gluten-free and paleo-friendly! It also pairs perfectly with tea or coffee - our favorite biscotti accompaniment is ALOHA's Sleep Tea. Tea time has never been so healthy!
Yeilds 8 large biscotti
3 cups gluten-free flour
3 tablespoons coconut flour
1 serving ALOHA Chocolate Protein
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup brown rice syrup or maple syrup
1/4 cup honey
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup slivered almonds
2 tablespoons coffee
1 ALOHA Superfood Chocolate bar, broken into chunks
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease your sheet pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix all of your wet ingredients (eggs, coconut oil, brown rice syrup, honey, and coffee).
- Next, fold in your GF flour and coconut flour in batches. When your mixture is the consistency of cookie dough add in the chunks of your ALOHA Original Dark Chocolate Bar.
- Form it into a loaf about 12 inches long x 3 inches wide and bake for 20-30 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Take it out of the oven and using a serrated knife slice your loaf into ½ inch chunks. Then place them on their sides to bake for 10 more minutes.
- After the 10 minutes, flip over your slices and lower the heat to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Take out your biscotti and allow them to cool completely. Once cooled begin to melt your ALOHA Macadamia Coconut Chocolate Bars. You can take out the Macadamia nuts! It’s fun snacking while you wait :-)
- Dip biscotti or drizzle with chocolate and place on a sheet pan covered in parchment paper. Place them into the fridge for the chocolate to harden.