If you’re in search of “The One,” your journey has likely wandered through a bar or two. “Want to grab a drink sometime?” is an approachable way to ask a potential paramour to spend some time with you – after all, a drink is quick, fun, and full of liquid courage.
But what if the bar scene isn’t really your scene? Skip the margaritas and try these healthier date alternatives instead.
1. Explore Nature. Get outdoors – and get happy! Hiking the local trails or strolling around a park is a great way to get some fresh air while getting to know someone. Sharing stories amongst the flora and fauna could generate some butterflies of your own.
2. Tea for Two. Few things are more relaxing than sipping on a cup of hot tea, making a tea date an easygoing way for two people to connect. Bonus – if your first date turns into a lifelong love connection, sipping on tea is a great way to ensure you’re alive and healthy together for years to come.
3. Climb On. Doing something out of your comfort zone is a good test for a new relationship. Rock climbing at a gym is quite adventurous, and the perfect chance to see how you interact in a more intense environment. This type of activity will definitely get the adrenaline pumping and could even increase attraction!
4. Game, Set, Match. What could break the ice more than some good old competition? Ping pong is a fun way to get the romantic juices flowing while moving around a bit. The winner gets to pick the setting for date number two!
5. Kiss The Cook. Cooking a healthy meal together allows for a fun shared experience while controlling exactly what’s going into your food, so there are no mystery ingredients. Creating a wild salmon or yummy quinoa dish together can be great way to gauge how well you work together, especially if the food turns out well. If it doesn’t… well, there’s always takeout!
You don’t have to look for love at the local watering hole. Mixing it up a bit can be fun and beneficial for your mind and body. Try suggesting these healthy options next time, and your date may just thank you. Find more wellness tips on Healthy Vices.
Photo Credit: Shutterstock