Is there anything better than girl time? Whether it’s a night out for pink drinks and dancing, a morning run, or a day trying on skinny jeans at Bloomingdale’s, few things are more fun (or more needed) than time with your BFF.
But there’s nothing worse than a hangover and credit card debt. For your next girls’ night out, try these healthy adventures that definitely won’t break the bank.
1. Take a yoga class. Yoga is all the rage, and for good reason—twisting your body around while focusing on your breath will help you develop a strong mind and body connection. It’s easier, too: research has shown that those who exercise with a friend perceive their workout to be more enjoyable than when they do the same workout alone.
2. Meet for a smoothie. Forget the mojitos —on hot summer days, grabbing a smoothie is just as refreshing. Smoothies, with their fresh fruit and vegetable ingredients, are a far better choice than alcohol, the “non-nutritive nutrient.”
3. Go for an organic manicure. It doesn’t get any more social than having your nails done. Chatting with your girlfriend while switching to that new summer color makes for a great afternoon. Organic spas are popping up everywhere! Many offer natural, water-based nail polish colors, which are free of the toxic chemicals found in traditional nail polishes.
4. Take a healthy cooking class. By taking a cooking class at your local health food store, you’ll learn how to make some healthy dishes for your next dinner party. Cooking classes can be social too, so you’ll spend quality time with your friend while you’re chopping veggies.
5. Check out a farmer’s market. Shopping for local, organic food can definitely be more satisfying than shopping for clothes–and fresh produce is always en vogue! Stroll around the market, pick up some yummy blueberries and enjoy them together while trading stories.
You and your friends don’t need to avoid those department stores forever, but doing something different and healthy can be a total blast. You’ll feel great about your girl time now—and with these healthier options, you’ll be feeling great later, too. Find more wellness tips on Healthy Vices.
Photo Credit: Shutterstock