We are obsessed with turmeric at ALOHA HQ. My teammates and I are constantly making turmeric smoothies and teas. With so much turmeric talk, I got curious about new ways to eat our favorite spice. Don't get me wrong, I love curry. But I was craving something sweet. I did some digging and couldn't find much in the way of turmeric treats—so I invented one! Here is a healthy way to satisfy your sweet tooth while also using the trendiest anti-inflammatory ingredient.
- 3/4 cup coconut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt
- 1 serving ALOHA Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon turmeric'
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey (add a little extra if you want a sweeter treat)
Optional: 1/4 cup finely shredded coconut for coating. (I find this makes for a better eating experience, given this is a finger food and the truffles can be sticky. But you don't need the coconut if you keep the truffles refrigerated (i.e.: less sticky). You can also swap the coconut with any powder, such as cocoa or sugar.)
Plant-Based Protein Powder
- Lightly heat the coconut butter, until it softens—20 to 30 seconds in a microwave should do. Alternatively, you can also heat the coconut butter in a small sauce pan over low to medium heat for about a minute. Once it has softened, transfer it to a medium bowl.
- Blend the ALOHA Protein, lemon, turmeric, honey, and salt into the softened coconut butter. Add the coconut yogurt and mix well. The batter should be firm enough to make balls. Measure the mixture out into tablespoon-sized portions, and roll them into balls.
- Pour the shredded coconut into a sandwich bag or in a small bowl. Drop the truffles into the coconut, one by one and lightly coat.
- These will last in your freezer for a couple weeks or in the refrigerator until the yogurt's expiration date.