Protein is key for lasting energy throughout the day. Zooming from a 6 a.m. wake-up call to a meeting to work to a yoga class takes a lot of protein. But, I can’t exactly chow down on a chicken breast and let’s be real, almonds and Greek yogurt can get old real fast.
These little bites are so cute and super delicious. Being that they are bite-sized, take 10 minutes to make, and keep well, they are the ultimate snack to bring to any healthy event. I mean, they’re basically healthy oatmeal raisin cookies packed with a protein punch.
One thing I’m going to be a stickler about when ya’ll make these is the protein powder. I can’t stand protein powder. It often smells and tastes artificial. So, I only use one brand of protein powder—made from real foods—ALOHA Protein. Say goodbye to that sour, chalky aftertaste!
Makes 15 Bites
- 1 1/2 cups oats (I used Bob’s Red Mill Honey Almond Granola)
- 1 serving ALOHA Vanilla Protein
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/2 cup natural almond butter
- 1/2 cup raisins (or chocolate chips if you’re feelin’ saucy!)
- 4 tablespoons milk of your choice
Plant-Based Protein Powder
- Combine all ingredients and stir. (I recommend adding the milk last!). Mix with a spoon or your hands until it rolls into a big sticky mound. If it seems too dry, add in more milk.
- Roll little balls from the mixture.
- Place in fridge to store. However, for the best results, let them sit for 30 minutes in the fridge before devouring all of them…I mean sharing them with all your friends!