Snacking gets a bad reputation largely because of what we end up snacking on. If you’re struck with the in-between-meals munchies, you are going to grab something quick and easy—enter: chips or candy. The trick is to have healthy options readily available!
These little matcha bites are the perfect snack to make ahead of time. Packed with clean energy, plant-based protein, omega-3s, and fiber—you’ll be more than covered until your next meal. Plus, they’re delicious! So you won’t give the junk food a second glance.
Makes about 12 bites, depending on size
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 serving ALOHA Vanilla Protein
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon matcha + another teaspoon for garnish
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup finely shredded coconut
- Optional: 1 teaspoon ginger powder
Plant-Based Protein Powder
- In a medium bowl combine the oats, chia seeds, and almond milk—stir them together and allow them to sit for about five minutes.
- In a separate bowl, while the oats and chia soak, combine the honey and coconut butter. If the coconut butter is too solid, soften it enough so it can mix with the other ingredients—one minute in a microwave or a couple minutes in a pan on a stove on low heat should suffice.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the oat-chia-almond milk mixture and blend well. Combine both mixtures until you have a consistent texture.
- Spoon a tablespoon-sized portion of the mixture into your hand and roll it evenly. Place it on a plate and repeat with the rest of the mixture. Garnish with a sprinkle of matcha if desired.
- Enjoy immediately or store in your refrigerator. These will keep well in a sealed container until the expiration date on the milk you used.