In a world where sweet tooths are a common infliction, I have a raging “savory tooth.” I crave chips, pizza, and French fries all the time. I am always eager to find healthy ways to satisfy my nutritional vice. Luckily, these broccoli bites are perfect for that purpose. Pairing broccoli (one of the most nutrient-dense vegetables) with healthy fat will satisfy and sustain you. This healthy snack recipe is also super easy and relatively quick to make. Saying “no” to junk food just got easier!
Makes 16 to 20 Bites
- 1 cup lightly steamed and chopped broccoli florets (about 12 ounces uncooked broccoli)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar, or vegan cheese of choice
- 2/3 cup gluten-free panko crumbs
- 1 teaspoon ALOHA Original Superfood Greens
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Steam the broccoli for about five minutes, either on your stovetop with a steamer or in your microwave. Chop the broccoli finely, discarding (or eating!) the stems.
- In a medium bowl, crack your eggs and mix them up so the yolk and the whites are seamlessly combined. Add the broccoli and remaining ingredients—blend well.
- Scoop about one and half tablespoons of the mixture into your hands and shape into a tater-tot shape. Place the bites on your baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. Remove from the oven and enjoy hot.