Have you ever felt like you were on the show “Chopped” in your own kitchen? I knew I wanted something sweet, tangy, crunchy, and most importantly chocolatey. So, I took my kitchen by storm curiously peering into each one of my cabinets to see what ingredients were inside. Maybe I was playing into this fantasy too much. Either way, after three different types of seeds and 20 minutes later I had a nutrient-dense, delicious treat that my tastebuds applauded. For now, they’re the only ones judging me, but hey they can be the toughest critic!
- 1 ½ cups oats
- ⅓ cup flax seeds
- ⅓ cup sesame seeds, white
- ⅓ cup chia seeds
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate morsels
- ⅓ cup almond meal
- ⅔ cup dried cherries
- ⅓ cup brown rice syrup
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 serving ALOHA Vanilla Protein
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Next in a large bowl combine all of your ingredients. Mix well to ensure all ingredients are evenly coated and dispersed throughout.
- Spread your mixture into a prepared 10x10 sheet pan. You can either use the back of a spatula or rubber spoon to press the mixture firmly down.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely before slicing into bars. Makes about 8 bars or cut smaller into square bites!
- Optional: You can crush the bars up and mix them into your favorite yogurt for a granola like topping!