A true classic never goes out of style, and the deviled egg is the Cadillac of appetizers. My grandmother perfected the art of the deviled egg before I was even born. However, I wanted to put a millennial spin on my Nana's traditional party staple. Dazzle your guests with this delicious and healthy recipe. The pretty green yolks are perfect for Instagram ;-)
- 1 dozen free range eggs
- 1 whole ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon ALOHA Daily Good Greens
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Add to cart
- Hard boil a dozen eggs: Fill a medium to large pot halfway with water. Bring the water to a boil over medium heat. Place the eggs gently into the boiling water. Cover and let them cook for 12 minutes. Prepare an ice bath for the eggs by filling a large pot with ice cubes and water. Once the eggs are done cooking, immediately place the eggs in the bath. Let them cool down for five to 10 minutes.
- Carefully peel the boiled eggs. Gently slice in half, lengthwise—the sharper the knife the better.
- Scoop out the yolks and place them in a mixing bowl. Set the egg whites aside.
- Chop the avocado and add to the yolks. Add the remaining ingredients. You can use a food processor or blender to mix, but the ingredients should be soft enough to mix with a fork. Find the desired consistency and fill the egg whites with your mixture.
- Refrigerate if you are not serving immediately.