Lavender is one of the most calming and relaxing herbs.Studies have shown the scent of lavender increases the duration of "slow wave" sleep, making it an excellent natural insomnia remedy. It is also frequently used for anxiety, depression, and stress relief. No wonder spas are full of this pretty, purple flower!
Given it isNational Stress Awareness Month, we're making this amazing smoothie from our friend Tina Leigh. What better way to "chill" out than with a frosty, fresh lavender smoothie?! Time for a DIY "spa day"!
Makes: One 12-ounce froth
This recipe was originally published on Haute Health.
- 3/4 cup ice cold water
- 6 to 8 frozen strawberries
- 3 to 4 large ice cubes
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 serving ALOHA Vanilla Protein
- 1/2 teaspoon lavender blossoms
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tablespoon local bee pollen
Plant-Based Protein Powder
- In a high-speed blender combine water, strawberries, ice, lemon juice, protein powder, lavender, and sea salt.
- Blend on high for only twenty seconds to keep the blend in a frosty state.
- Transfer to a glass, and top with bee pollen. Enjoy!