This is one of those recipes that I’ve always wanted to try, but was a little intimidated. My friend told me about her many failed attempts, which only discouraged me further. However, when I finally got the courage to attempt vegan “buffalo wings” I figured I might as well go big on the risk level… and the results were amazing! Not only did I use our favorite anti-inflammatory spice, I also managed to get an entire serving of the ALOHA Vanilla Protein in there! I know it sounds unconventional, but trust me, it’s delicious. Swap poultry-protein for plant-protein!
Whether you are vegan, paleo, gluten-free, or simply health conscious, you will rejoice over this recipe. Buffalo wings are a sports bar staple, but definitely not a healthy option - until now! Enjoy the flavors of buffalo wings without cheating on your healthy diet! Be bold and give this inventive, healthy recipe a try!
- 12 ounces cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (or hot sauce of choice)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 serving ALOHA Vanilla Protein
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup almond milk
Turmeric Hot Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Earth Balance
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoon Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (or hot sauce of choice)
- Pinch salt
- Optional: 1-2 teaspoons honey, depending on desired sweetness
Plant-Based Protein Powder
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or grease it with cooking spray, or both! Set it aside.
- In a large bowl mix the protein powder with the turmeric, salt, and pepper - then whisk in the hot sauce, milk, and honey. Add in the garlic and the cauliflower florets - toss to coat.
- Spread evenly onto cookie sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is baking, make your sauce by combining all of the ingredients in a small sauce pan - heat on low until the Earth Balance is half melted. Stir well and set aside - the Earth Balance should melt completely eventually.
- Remove from the cauliflower from the oven. Pour the sauce on top of them and return the baking sheet to the oven for another 20-30 minutes, or until crispy.
- Remove from oven and let sit 10 minutes before serving.