This winter dish is the perfect meal and will remind you of just how delicious and exciting vegetables can be.
Green Kale Pesto
- 1 bunch of kale
- Juice of 1 lemon (plus a teaspoon or more of fresh zest)
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup of raw Brazil nuts
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 packet of ALOHA Daily Good Greens
- Salt and pepper to taste
Squash and Broccolini
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 bunch broccolini
- Sea salt
- Red chili flakes
- 1/2 cup Green Kale Pesto
- 2 cups mixed greens
- Extra olive oil & nutritional yeast for topping
Green Kale Pesto:
- Remove the stems, wash, and chop the kale.
- Place in the blender, food processor, or Vitamix and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Pulse for 30 seconds, or until almost smooth. While the motor is running, pour in a few tablespoons of water so the mixture becomes a bit lighter. Transfer to a sealed container and set aside.
- Note: Pesto will last for up to ten days in the fridge and also freezes well.
Squash and Broccolini:
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut the spaghetti squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Wrap each piece with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes, or until the meat is pierced easily with a fork. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, chop the broccolini into one to two-inch pieces and toss with olive oil, salt and red chili flakes. Place in a small baking dish and add to the oven. Roast for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Divide the mixed greens into two plates, drizzle of olive oil, and add another sprinkle of nutritional yeast.
- Scoop out the meat of the spaghetti squash and toss with Green Kale Pesto.
- Top the mixed greens with spaghetti squash and roasted broccolini