Cauliflower and turmeric are an excellent taste pairing and an even better health combination. Turmeric is our favorite anti-inflammatory ingredient, with a host of health benefits, and cauliflower is rich in vitamin C and low in fat, calories, and carbohydrates. We added the ALOHA Vanilla Protein to make this a more substantial meal, with a touch of plant-based sweetness.
Serves Two to Four
- 12-ounce bag cauliflower florets, or 1 large head of cauliflower, chopped
- 4 large cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch thick pieces
- 2 sprigs of fresh dill, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon ALOHA Vanilla Protein
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can coconut milk (I used a "light" version)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 to 3 teaspoons turmeric, to taste
Plant-Based Protein Powder
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Place the cauliflower, onion, and garlic on a baking sheet—drizzle with two tablespoons of oil and sprinkle one of the sprigs of dill and the cayenne on top.
- Roast until lightly browned, about 20 minutes. If the garlic begins to brown too quickly remove it from the pan earlier.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, place the coconut milk in a blender or food processor. Add the turmeric, salt, the other sprig of dill, and the ALOHA Vanilla Protein. Blend well.
- Remove the veggies from the oven—carefully add them to the blender and purée until smooth and consistent.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with dill and cauliflower if desired.