Is there such a thing as “healthy crack”?! Well, these bars are certainly healthy - and they are wildly addictive… so, kind of! Except this crack won’t get you arrested or ruin your life. In fact, we think these will make your life better!
Yields 12 large bars - you can cut into 20 bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup “desiccated” (or finely shredded) coconut
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 serving ALOHA Vanilla Protein Powder
- 2 tablespoons honey or brown rice syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or brown rice syrup - adjust to desired sweetness
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds + 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup “desiccated” (or finely shredded) coconut
- 1 serving ALOHA Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1 packet ALOHA Chocolate Superfood Greens
Plant-Based Protein Powder
- Put your can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight (or an hour or so will do) - this will separate the cream, which is what you want for this recipe - you can save the coconut water for another recipe (such as a smoothie).
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Grease a baking glass and set aside.
- In a small bowl, glass, or mug soak your chia seeds in the water for at least 10 minutes.
- Combine the filling ingredients in a medium bowl - mix them until fully combined.
- Mix all of the crust ingredients in a separate bowl - use your hands to combine the mixture into a dough. If the dough is too dry (and isn’t sticking together well) add a tablespoon or so of oil.
- Press the crust into the baking glass - use a spatula (or your fingers) to press the dough evenly. Bake for about 7 minutes or until the edges start to turn a light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and pour the filling on top of the baked crust - use a spoon to smooth is out evenly.
- Place the dish back in the oven for 15-18 minutes. You can tell when your bars are done as the mixture just starts to come away from the edges of the dish. It will appear a little jiggly, but that is ok.
- Allow the glass to cool for 30 minutes to an hour - then place it in your refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour. Slicing and enjoy!