I love a recipe that looks more impressive than its preparation merits. I give all the credit to strawberries, which are so beautiful, they make anything look great! They are also naturally sweet and packed with antioxidants—making them a perfect decoration for a healthy dessert.
Protein Crust Ingredients
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 serving ALOHA Vanilla Protein Powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2-4 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- Optional: 1 tbsp stevia or an additional 1 tbsp honey, depending on desired sweetness
Yogurt Topping Ingredients
- 1/4 cup coconut yogurt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 large, fresh strawberries
Add to cart
Plant-Based Protein Powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix the coconut flour, oats, ALOHA Vanilla Protein, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and stevia if you are using it.
- Add in the apple sauce, lemon juice, honey, and egg - blend well. If the batter is too thick add 1 tbsp of almond milk.
- Drop the dough ball onto the baking sheet and roll it into a flat, round crust - about 1/4 of an inch.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges start to turn golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the yogurt and honey. Slice your strawberries.
- Top the crust with the honey yogurt and top with strawberries. Slice and enjoy!