No better way to celebrate the holiday season, than with this creamy and delicious Pumpkin Pie made with Anita’s Coconut Yogurt and ALOHA’s Plant-Based Protein Powder.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
For the filling:
- 1 14oz can pumpkin puree
- 10 tbsp full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Anita’s coconut yogurt
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1½ tsp ground allspice
- 1½ tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 scoop ALOHA Vanilla Protein Powder
For the crust:
- 1½ cups tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp palm shortening
- 2 tbsp applesauce
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
For the topping:
- 3 tbsp Anita’s coconut yogurt
Plant-Based Protein Powder
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Add the pumpkin, coconut milk, coconut yogurt, coconut sugar, arrowroot powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract, spices, and sea salt to a large bowl. Mix well.
- Combine flour and salt in a separate mixing bowl. Mix the shortening into the flour mixture with a pastry cutter. Add applesauce, water and vinegar and mix with a spoon until combined. Roll out dough between two pieces of parchment.
- Remove the top layer of parchment, place the pan upside down in the center of the dough and then carefully flip the pan over holding on to the dough. Remove the remaining layer of parchment paper and gently press the dough into the pan, repairing any cracks as necessary.
- Trim excess dough from around the pan and shape the edges as desired. Using a fork, poke holes in the bottom of the crust.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the uncooked pie crust. Use a spatula to spread the pumpkin evenly.
- Bake for 60 minutes. When you remove it from the oven, the edges might be slightly cracked and the middle will still look wobbly.
- Let cool, and then chill in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight until set. Once ready, cut up a slice and add another dollop of Anita’s coconut yogurt!