Cookies made with greens? Yes, please. Bite into one of these Pistachio and Coconut Cream Sandwiches for a delicious (and nutritious) dessert or snack, made with ALOHA Superfood Greens.
Makes 12 cookie sandwiches.
- 3 cups pistachios, shelled
- 2 scoops ALOHA Superfood Greens
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 dates, pitted
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- ¼ tsp of salt
- ½ cup coconut flakes
Coconut Cream Filling
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Process pistachios in a food processor until nuts resemble a fine crumb.
- Add in ALOHA Superfood Greens, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract, dates, lemon zest and salt. Pulse until well combined.
- Slowly add in lemon juice until batter begins to form a dough.
- Roll mixture into balls approximately 1 inch in diameter. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to firm.
- Meanwhile, whip coconut milk with maple syrup until cream forms stiff peaks.
- Remove cookie dough from the fridge and flatten to form disks. Lightly toss disks in coconut flakes using a shallow bowl.
- Spread or pipe 1 tbsp of coconut whip cream between two pistachio cookies.
- Store in the fridge to maintain freshness.