I make a lot of no-bake treats, so naturally I am eager to spice things up from time to time. I added some cayenne pepper to these bars and loved the outcome! Cayenne has tons of health properties, but it is also a very efficient way of getting a lot of flavor. As you probably know, a little goes a long way! This recipe also works without the cayenne if you are sensitive to heat.
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 serving ALOHA Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1 packet ALOHA Chocolate Superfood Greens
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup almond butter, crunchy or creamy, or nut butter of choice
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 2 to 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 bar dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
Add to cart
Add to cart
Plant-Based Protein Powder
- Mix your dry ingredients in a medium bowl. If needed, heat the coconut butter slightly—enough so it mixes with the other ingredients—add it to the dry ingredients along with the other liquids. Combine all ingredients well.
- Place the mixture in a square or rectangle baking dish. Using a spoon, spatula, or your fingers, pat the mixture down until it has filled out the entire surface and the top is flat. The size of your dish will impact the depth of your bars, but given you are not baking these bars, the depth is only a matter of preference.
- Place the dish in your refrigerator for 20 minutes to an hour. Remove and slice the cold mixture into bars. Carefully remove them from your dish and serve! These are best stored in a refrigerator—they will keep for a couple weeks.