My friend and colleague, Max, is allergic to chocolate. Given the amount of chocolate we use in our recipes, he usually gets left out of the fun. So I made a truffle for Max and all of the non-chocolate eaters out there. I brought these to the ALOHA HQ and even the chocoholics went crazy for them—finally, something for everyone!
- 1 cup coconut butter
- 3/4 cup coconut yogurt
- 1 serving ALOHA Vanilla Protein Powder
- 3 to 4 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
Add to cart
Plant-Based Protein Powder
- Lightly heat the coconut butter, until it softens—20 to 30 seconds in a microwave should do. Alternatively, you can also heat the coconut butter in a small sauce pan over low to medium heat for about a minute. Once it has softened, transfer it to a medium bowl.
- Blend the ALOHA Protein, honey, and salt into the softened coconut butter. Add the coconut yogurt and mix well. The batter should be firm enough by now to make balls. Measure the mixture out into tablespoon-sized portions, and roll them into balls.
- Pour the shredded coconut into a sandwich bag or in a small bowl. Drop the truffles into the coconut, one by one. Coat the truffles in the shredded coconut.
- These will last in your freezer for a couple weeks or in the refrigerator until the yogurt’s expiration date.