Warm your heart and tummy with these delicious cinnamon apple doughnuts with vanilla bean glaze. Made with all natural ingredients, these doughnuts are much healthier than their store bought counterparts, so you can feel good about enjoying one, or two…
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 serving ALOHA Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1/4 cup honey or sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt of choice
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Earth Balance, softened
- Optional: 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
Vanilla Bean Glaze
- 1/2 cup honey or sweetener of choice
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 can apple filling
- 2 teaspoons agave or sweetener of choice
Plant-Based Protein Powder
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and lightly spray a donut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the first four dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon) into a large bowl until well blended. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining wet ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and combine until everything is fully mixed.
- Spoon or pipe the dough into the prepared donut pan, dividing evenly among the sections. (I put my dough into a gallon Ziplock, sealed it, cut the end off and used that to pipe into my pan).
- Place the pan into the oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the donuts are cooked through.
- The donuts will not turn golden brown, but should ‘spring back’ to the touch when done.
- In the mean time, whisk the ingredients for the glaze together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Once done, remove the donuts from the oven and allow to cool.
- Dip the donuts face-down into the glaze and set on a wire rack until set (five minutes or so).