|Prep Time: 15 mins||
Cook time: 1 hour
Yield: 8-12 Servings
This Baked Apple Crisp might look like dessert, but it’s actually packed with good-for-you ingredients to fuel your fall!
It’s naturally sweetened with apples, maple syrup, and dates. The oat and almond crumble combination is a great source of protein on its own — plus a spoonful of ALOHA Organic Vanilla Protein Powder helps acts as a thickening agent instead of cornstarch AND gets you a little extra boost.
Enjoy this Baked Apple Crisp anytime you want a little fall to start your day!
¼ cup maple syrup
½ tsp cinnamon
½ lemon, squeezed
⅓ cup filtered water
5–7 apples, cored and cut into ½″ slices. For best results, choose a mix of sweet and tart, like Honeycrisp and Granny Smith.
1 cup raw almonds
1 cup dates, pitted
½ cup + 2 generous tbsp runny almond butter
1 cup gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats. For grain-free option, substitute for more nuts.
Plant-Based Protein Powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare a large baking dish (9×13) for use.
- Prepare the apple filling by adding the apples, maple syrup, cinnamon, ALOHA Organic Vanilla Protein Powder, and lemon to a large mixing bowl and tossing until well coated.
- Add apples in the baking dish in an even later and pour filtered water on top. Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, until softened.
- Meanwhile, mix the Crumble Topping by adding the oats, almonds, and dates to a food processor and processing until you have a rough meal. Pour meal into a bowl and add the almond butter. Mix until well combined and sticky, adding more almond butter if it gets too thick. Set aside.
- Once the apples are done baking, remove from the oven. Using your hands, crumble the almond oat mixture on top of the baked apples in large clumps until completely covered.
- Add the dish back to the oven and back an additional 20-30 minutes, until the crumble top is golden brown and the apples are soft and gooey.
- Remove the oven, allow to cool slightly, then enjoy warm with almond milk yogurt! Store leftover crisp in the fridge for 5-7 days and reheat before serving.