There are an infinite number of brownie recipes. With so many versions, I had a hard time deciding what to bake. So I went in the opposite direction: instead of adding onto the classic dessert, I took away. I stripped the ingredients down and pumped the flavor up…with protein! I don't know if this even classifies as a dessert, as it is so healthy. It sure tastes like one!
Makes 10 to 12
- 3 medium, overripe bananas
- 1/2 cup smooth nut butter of choice (I prefer salted—you can always add 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the batter if you have an unsalted nut butter)
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder (add more for a richer flavor)
- 1 serving ALOHA Chocolate Protein Powder
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon baking soda—this will give you a fluffier brownie, but it is not necessary
*This recipe is not overly sweet. It was sweet enough for me, but if you want a sweeter brownie, add about a tablespoon of honey.