Calling all vegans! This just in: You do not have to miss out on all the breakfast fun. We made this tasty “egg” scramble with you in mind, just for that reason! The key is to use really fresh ingredients and to always add a pinch of turmeric for happy yellow color. For egg in a hole, the scramble works really well to make an easy, complete breakfast in one pan!
- 2 level tablespoonVeganEgg™
- 1/2 cup ice cold water
- 1 tablespoon Earth Balance, divided into two halves
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
- 2 teaspoons ALOHA Daily Good Greens<
- Salt-free seasoning, to taste (we like Mrs. Dash and Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 slices of gluten-free bread
- 1/2 lemon, if needed
Add to cart
- Sauté half a tablespoon of Earth Balance with the garlic in a frying pan until golden.
- In a small bowl, whisk theVeganEgg™ and cold water together, then add the nutritional yeast, turmeric, salt, and seasoning. You can add the Daily Good Greens to the mixture, but it will change the color. Sprinkling it on after the dish is complete also works and maintains the look.
- Pour mixture into skillet—it should sizzle and immediately begin to scramble. Stir frequently and evenly with a spatula until eggs are firm. VeganEgg™ takes longer than regular eggs, so cook for six to eight minutes.
- If the scramble is dry or sticking to the pan, squeeze the lemon juice over the scramble. Scoop the scramble out of the pan and onto the plate.
- Add your other half tablespoon of Earth Balance to the pan, cut out two holes in your bread, and put them in the pan. Fill the cutouts with the scramble and fry for about two minutes. Flip carefully, then fry on the other side.
- Sprinkle with Daily Good and enjoy!