Lemon poppyseed muffins are nice 'n all. But these muffins are next level delicious. I swapped the poppyseed with chia, added some turmeric, and packed in 18 grams of plant-based protein. They're paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, and delicious!
Makes Six Muffins
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3 teaspoos turmeric
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 serving ALOHA Vanilla Protein
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon powdered stevia, or sweetener of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (you can skip this if you are on a strict Paleo diet)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut yogurt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon honey
Plant-Based Protein Powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a muffin tin with oil of choice or line with muffin cups. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the coconut flour, ALOHA Vanilla Protein, baking powder, salt, turmeric, chia seeds, zest, and stevia (if you are using it). Add in the coconut oil, egg, vanilla, lemon juice, and honey. Stir the mixture until completely incorporated.
- Fill six spots in your muffin tin about three quarters of the way full. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for five to 10 minutes
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the glaze ingredients—sweeten to taste if desired. Glaze the muffins and enjoy! They will keep well for five plus days if stored in a well-sealed container. However the glaze should be refrigerated and will last until the yogurt's expiration date.