This hearty crumble comes together quickly and is perfect for a cozy weekend breakfast. We relied on fruit and organic coconut sugar to keep blood sugar levels from spiking and the extra 18 grams of protein help you stay full through a busy morning. We love the hot-cold combination of this crumble when paired with yogurt or simply as a snack on it’s own.
Photo Credit: Mimi McCormick
- 2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen berries (no need to thaw)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon or orange juice
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup gluten-free oatmeal
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce 1 teaspoon cinnamon 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 1 serving ALOHA Vanilla Protein
Plant-Based Protein Powder
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and grease an 8-inch square pan. (ALOHA Test Kitchen Notes: We made mini crumbles in a muffin tin, simply shorten baking time to 15 to 20 minutes and they come out perfectly.)
- In a bowl, stir together the maple syrup, arrowroot, vanilla, and lemon/orange juice. Carefully mix in the seasonal berries. Let sit.
- In another bowl, combine oatmeal, oat flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, salt, and ALOHA Daily Good. Stir in coconut oil and applesauce. Dough should be crumbly.
- Divide dough in half and press one half onto bottom of pan.
- Gently place berry mixture evenly over the crust.
- Crumble remaining mixture of dough over the berry mixture.
- Bake in oven for 40 minutes or until top crumbled pieces are slightly brown.
- Cool for approximately 20 minutes and serve.