Enjoy doughnuts made with ALOHA plant-based Protein Powder, knowing you’re eating real, good food. These vegan and gluten-free baked Pumpkin Protein Doughnuts make a delicious and healthy breakfast.
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp alcohol free vanilla
- 3/4 cup tiger nut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 scoops ALOHA Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 2 tbsp coconut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 tsp alcohol free vanilla
- 1/8 tsp cloves, nutmeg, ginger
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
Plant-Based Protein Powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease the insides of your mini doughnut pan using coconut oil.
- Mix all of the wet ingredients (coconut milk, pumpkin, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla) in a large bowl. Whisk until mixed thoroughly.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the dry ingredients (tiger nut flour, coconut flour, baking soda and spices). Stir until fully mixed.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir until dry ingredients are fully incorporated into the batter.
- Prepare the flax egg- Mix the ground flax seed and water in a small bowl. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour the flax egg into the large bowl with the batter and quickly stir it in.
- Spoon the batter into the doughnut pan filling the doughnut holes 3/4 of the way full.
- Place in the oven on the middle rack and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together all the ingredients for the glaze in a small bowl and set aside.
- Remove the doughnuts from the oven and cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then remove from the pan onto a cooling rack.
- Once the doughnuts are cooled completely, dip each one into the glaze and allow to dry on the cooling rack until the glaze is set.