Gluten-free “paleo bread” either sounds like an oxymoron or a challenge - and I chose challenge. This “bread” is so delicious, I seriously could not stop eating it. The fruit and nuts are reminiscent of “fruit cake,” but in a good way - not in a gross, un-wanted-gift way. This breakfast (or anytime) treat is hearty with just the right amount of sweetness. Packed with protein, healthy fats, vitamins, and nutrients - this healthy meal will keep you satiated and nourished for a long time.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 serving ALOHA Vanilla Protein
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon flax seeds
- 2 cups rough chopped nuts - I used 1/4 cup of almonds, pistachios, walnuts, and macadamias
- 2 cups rough chopped dried fruits - I used 1 cup mixed dried berries, 1/2 cup dried figs, and 1/2 cup dates
Plant-Based Protein Powder
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray or grease with extra coconut oil.
- Mash the bananas really well - a food processor can be helpful for getting a truly smooth result.
- Combine the mashed bananas with the eggs and coconut oil in a large mixing bowl - whisk them together very well. Stir in the flour, baking powder, ALOHA Protein, and salt - blend well. Fold in the fruits and nuts - blend until everything is well distributed.
- Pour the bread mixture into your loaf pan and spread it evenly. Bake for 40 minutes or until the edges start to turn golden—insert a toothpick in the center of the bread - it should come out dry.
- Note: This bread does not rise—it will still be flat. Also, the exact cooking time will depend on the dimensions of your loaf pan.
- Let the bread cool completely before slicing. Store the bread in a sealed container—if refrigerated it will keep for a couple week, if frozen it will keep for a couple months, otherwise it will keep for a few days if left out.